- 200ml double cream
- 200g milk powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 10 cardamoms ground/½ tsp cardamom powder
- 400ml condensed milk
- 120g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pistachios roughly crushed (optional)
- Line a flat dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sieve in the milk powder and mix with the cream to make a lumpy dough and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a non stick sauce pan and add the cardamom powder.
- Stir with the heat on low and add the condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Once the cocoa powder has melted add the cream and milk powder mixture. Stir to melt away any lumps.
- Keep stirring and the mixture will start to leave the sides of the pan. Once this happens put it out on the flat dish and spread it out with the back of your spoon so its about 5-10cm deep. I like to top with crushed pistachios.
- Cool and set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.
You can also put this into a piping bag and pipe some love shapes. Just remember you have to work quickly as it becomes hard to pipe as the mixture starts to cool down and because it's hot you will need to cover the bag with a tea towel as you pipe (safety first and all that).
Burfee makes a lovely alternative to a biscuit with a cup of tea. My children love these both to eat but also to make.