- 150g ginger
- 130g sugar
- 1L water
- juice from 8 lemons
- To make the ginger syrup peel the ginger and chop into roughly into chunks.
- Put the ginger, sugar and half the water into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and leave it to simmer to reduce for about 40 minutes to an hour.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve and leave to cool.
- Strain the lemon juice into the remaining water and add the ginger syrup. Stir and check the flavour make any adjustments and leave to chill before serving.