- 400g lean mince lamb
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g/½ tin of tomatoes
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas
- 10 mushrooms quartered
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion and garlic, cook for about 20 minutes until the onions turn a dark golden brown. If the onion catches the bottom of the pan reduce the heat down a little and add a dash of hot water and continue to cook down.
- Once dark brown add the tomatoes, ginger, salt, turmeric, cumin and chilli.
- Stir together, use your spoon to mash the tomatoes and onions to create a masala paste. Ensure the sauce and spices come together leaving a thick shiny paste.
- Turn the heat up and add the mushrooms to cook for 5 minutes. Add the mince and stir through coating all the mince with the sauce.
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes then stir in the peas, reduce heat, cover and leave to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and fry for a few minutes to reduce any liquid that might be present.
- Add a teaspoon of garam masala and the fresh coriander to finish
This really is best eaten with roti or naan!