- 500g minced lamb
- 1 medium onion, very finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp of dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- Handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil in a small dish
- Heat the grill and line the grill pan with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Place the lamb mince in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients and mix together using your hands to ensure all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Wash hands and rub them with a little oil. This helps to shape the kebabs and stops the mixture sticking to your hands.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and mold into small sausage shapes about 10cm long and 3cm thick. Don't make them too thin. Repeat with the rest of the meat keeping the kebabs the same size smoothing out any cracks.
- Place the kebabs on the rack and place under the grill and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the kebabs over so they brown evenly and leave to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
As a starter serve with some crisp salad leaves and some thinly sliced onions with a side of tangy mint chutney. As a snack stuff some warmed pitta with salad, mint chutney, a dollop of yoghurt and a hot spicy lamb kebab.