- 500g prawns
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp brown mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 chilli, sliced
- Juice from a lemon
- Wash the prawns and pat dry with some kitchen roll.
- Crush the coriander and cumin seeds.
- Sprinkle the prawns with turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin, salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a wide based pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Just as they sizzle add the sliced garlic and fresh chopped chilli.
- Quickly stir in the prawns, reduce the heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice and toss to coat the prawns.
- Once pink and cooked through (another minute or so) throw in the fresh coriander to serve.
This prawn dish needs a good squeeze of lemon juice and fresh coriander and is lovely with fried pooris or with some rice. I like to cook a few as a finger food starter.