- 1 potato, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 5 mushrooms, quatered
- 1 carrot, diced
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200g tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a karahi or wok and add the mustard seeds, when sizzling add the cumin seeds until fragrant.
- Add the onions and garlic then fry until soft and lightly browned (about 10 minutes)
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes, ginger, salt, turmeric, chilli and fenugreek. Continue to cook so the onions and tomatoes melt together to create a thick, aromatic masala paste.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Reduce the heat cover the pan with the lid and leave to cook for about 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Once cooked sprinkle with garam masala and fresh coriander before serving.
I like to serve this with roti and keema