- 400g paneer, cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 large lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Handful of coriander chopped lemon wedges
- Blend the garlic, ginger, chilli in a pestle and mortar
- Place the paneer cubes in the dish and stir in the blended ingredients along with the mustard oil and lemon juice.
- In a separate dish mix the remaining ingredients together with the yoghurt to create a paste. Add this spiced yoghurt paste to the paneer. Cover and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better).
- Heat the oven to 180oC.
- Transfer to an oven tray and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, skewer onto bamboo sticks with peppers and onions and cook on the barbeque as kebabs!
Jazz it up with some peppers, onions and mushrooms to create some fun summery skewers. Lovely served with some green salad.