- 8 pigeon breasts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cm piece of ginger
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- juice from 1 lemon
- 100ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Blend the ginger, garlic to make a paste.
- Mix the ginger and garlic paste with lemon juice, salt, chilli powder and coat the pigeon breasts. Leave them to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make up a second marinade with the yoghurt, kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala and crushed cumin seeds.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Once marinaded heat a frying pan and fry the breasts for about 1 minutes on each side.
- Remove and place on an oven try then smear the yoghurt marinade over each breast. Place in the oven and cook for a further 3-4 minutes if you want the breasts pink. Longer if you prefer them more well done.
- Remove from the oven and leave them to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the breast and squeeze with a little lemon and serve with some salad.