- 4 limes each cut into 8 chunks (skin on - remove pips)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds, ground
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- Sterilise a glass jar and add the chopped limes, salt, and turmeric.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake.
- Leave the jar on a window sill (preferably in the sun) for one month.
- Ensure you give the jar a shake everyday.
- After one month heat the mustard oil to smoking point then leave to cool.
- Once cooled pour into the jar with the chilli, fenugreek and asafoetida.
- Shake and leave for a few days before using.
This pickle can be stored for up to a year. Ensure that no water is introduced into the pickle. A tangy pickle for nibbles as well as a side for your main dishes.