- 200g okra
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp armchoor powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp gram flour
- ½ tsp salt oil for frying
- 1 lime
- Large pinch of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- Rinse the okra and wipe them dry with a few sheets of kitchen roll.
- Slice them in half, length ways.
- Sprinkle the okra with all the ground spices (red chilli, turmeric, armchoor and garam masala powder) and salt. Stir to coat evenly.
- Coat the okra with the gram flour and mix. Leave for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in your karahi (wok) and fry the okra until golden and crisp. Remove and place on kitchen roll.
- Garnish the okra with coriander leaves, sliced green chilli. For some extra tang add some squeezed lime juice.
I like to serve this as a nibble in a tall glass so they are standing upright with a plain thick yoghurt to dip them into - simple pleasures!