- 250g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 125ml double cream
- 1 dried chilli
- 25g butter
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 50g good-quality cocoa powder
- pinch of chilli powder
- Break up the chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream with the dried chilli until just boiling. Remove from the heat, discard the chilli and add the butter.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and add a pinch of chilli powder.
- Stir to melt the chocolate then let it sit and stir again. Once it has all melted leave it to cool then cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until it has set for about an hour.
- Put the cocoa in bowl for rolling.
- Scoop out teaspoons of the set truffle mixture and roll them in your hands to make a ball.
- Coat them with the cocoa.
- Put them in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
You can use dark chilli chocolate to make this as well.