- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and skinned
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves and stems
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves,
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger
- 4 fresh green chillies
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Put the cumin seeds into a pestle and mortar and roughly crush the seeds.
- Place the mint, coriander, ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice, salt and oil into a blender and blitz to a paste.
- Empty this paste into a bowl and mix in the yoghurt.
- Combine the chicken and the marinade and let it sit for at least 30 minutes but overnight is better.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes or on the barbecue for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through.