- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 400ml cream
- 400g firm white fish
- 200g salmon
- 100g smoked fish
- 300g prawns
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 large sweet potatoes, boiled
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- A pinch chilli flakes (more for extra heat)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil and temper the fennel and mustard seeds until they crackle. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook through allowing the onions to soften and turn translucent.
- Add the chopped spinach and chilli and once the spinach has wilted pour in the cream and stir. Season with the salt and pepper.
- As the cream warms up place the fish and prawns into the pan and simmer gently for a few minutes until it's just cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place in a casserole dish.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add the ghee, garam masala and spring onions and stir to combine.
- Cover the fish with the potatoes and sprinkle it with chilli flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the pie is bubbling.