- 1L full cream milk
- 150g strawberries
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp water
- Boil the milk in a large pan. As it heats up keep an eye on it and as it comes to the boil remove it from the heat and add in the lemon juice. Stir it gently until it curdles. Leave this for a few minutes while you chop your strawberries (remember to keep a few for the garnish).
- Pour the curdled milk through a muslin cloth so that the liquid drains away. If possible hang the muslin for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chopped strawberries into a pan with the sugar and water.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring now and again to make a purée. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't stick to the pan. Once it's thick and sticky (about 10 minutes) remove it from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Take the curd out of the cloth (it will have a crumbly, spongy feel to it) and place it in a bowl.
- Start to knead the curd with your palm and continue until your hand begins to feel oily.
- Then fold in the strawberry purée with the curd and mix it through.
- Cover the bowl with a wet cloth and refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove the flavoured curd from the fridge and make shapes little balls with your hands. Garnish each ball with a sliced strawberry. Keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
N.B These should be consumed within 24 hours