- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 24 wings, (split at the joints, tips removed)
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sauce
- 2 tbsp hot chilli sauce or 2 red chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kalongi seeds
- Mix the flour and chilli in a shallow dish.
- Coat the wings in the flour mixture to coat, shake off any excess.
- Fry the wings in hot oil at 180ºC in batches, turning as needed, until cooked through and deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Once cooked remove and transfer to some kitchen paper to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180ºC
- Then in a small pan combine the ketchup, chilli sauce, honey, soy and kalongi seeds and heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Pour some of the sauce into a dipping bowl for later.
- Place the cooked wings onto an oven tray and pour the remaining sauce over them. Place them in the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp up and go sticky.
- Serve with the sauce and some napkins.