- 400g white fish loin, cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 heaped tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions, blended in a food processor to a grated consistency
- 200g /½ tin plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 to 3 green chillies, chopped
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add cumin seeds. When sizzling and aromatic add the onions and fry until they are a golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and fresh chillies. Stir together and leave to cook so the tomatoes break down and you are left with a thick paste.
- Pour in the coconut cream and cook gently for a few minutes so the flavours combine.
- Add the fish and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and place the lid half on the pan and leave to cook for about 5-10 minutes until cooked.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning if required.
- Remove from heat and add garam masala and throw in the fresh coriander to serve.
Beautiful with plain rice