- 4 whole peppers, 2 red and 2 green
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Cook the potatoes gently with the skin on (do not boil too vigorously) for 20-25 minutes. Once soft leave to cool and then peel. Cut into small cubes and place into a large bowl.
- In a small frying pan heat the oil and fry the cumin seeds. When sizzling and aromatic remove and add to the potatoes.
- Next add the salt, chilli, garam masala, fenugreek, ginger and fresh coriander to the potatoes and stir - check seasoning.
Cooking the pepper
- Cut the top off the peppers, keeping the stalk intact.
- Remove the insides and discard.
- Divide the potato mixture into four and stuff each of the peppers. Replace the top of each of the peppers.
- Heat the oven to 180oC and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a little oil and cook for about 30 minutes.
I find these really filling so half of one would make a lovely for a lunch with a green salad with some mint chutney on the side.